Monday 16 April 2012

Roger and Neil

My idea to letterpress the whole booklet is silly, way too time consuming. However I am really not keen on having both colours digitally printed as it completely ruins the concept. One colour needs to be a manual printing process and the other a digital process so it makes sense when they disappear and when the reader reads a certain bit of text.

Spoke to Neil and Roger in the Vernon Street printroom and they were such a great help! I couldn't letterpress the correct colour even if I did have enough time to set all the type as it uses a fluorescent green which apparently is used in bank notes and extremely hard to get hold of! Letterpress out the window. Neil said he could mix me up the anaglyph colour needed for screenprint and this would still be a manual process. He suggested both colours being screenprinted but again, this destroys the concept.

They advised me to go to Blenheim and find a red which prints the correct colour to disappear when viewed through the red filter on the 3D glasses. They were a brilliant help and without their knowledge I would have completely balls-ed it up. Neil has done alot of 3D printing and so has supplied me with the correct colours needed to work. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment