Tuesday 17 April 2012

Japanese binding

As the book will now be screenprinted and digitally printed I am not going to double side it. It will be an added complication which I don't think will actually add anything to the character of the book. If anything there would be too much information to view at one time and detract from the disappear effect.

After alot (and I mean alot) of thought and decision changing, I decided to test a japanese bind as this method is one which I have not used before and one where the book will not lay flat. This will be alright as it is only singe page.

The method of production is much more in-depth that I first realised and have made me decide to use japanese rice paper also to keep with tradition. I am very excited about this project now!











No comments:

Post a Comment