Wednesday 14 March 2012

Letterpress #3

Printed! The colour has been mixed from process colours which can be recreated digitally. The white acted as a base and allowed a lighter shade to be created. I can achieve this through a transparency or a tint in InDesign to match the colour acctuareley. When I print this again, the colour will be slightly different again as I cannot keep a pot of this ink and the next batch will have t be mixed by hand again.

The colour is beautiful and has a great impact when letterpressed as it is not what is expected. Very happy with the results! I like the b paper, which is less textured, but hand-made. Other papers I tested were somerset paper which was heavily textures and rice paper (which I printed on the wrong side apparently!) which has a nice feel and opacity to it, however may not be suitable to print digitally on. It has an emboss on the back of the paper which I think is a nice touch, even though it is not desired by true craftsmen, I think for this project it demonstrates the differences between mechanical and digital printing.








No comments:

Post a Comment