Wednesday 8 February 2012

Letterpress #2

A paragraph from my dissertation has been chosen which accurately describes what I am attempting to communicate in this brief, and therefore a good starting point for letterpress! By using the restriction of the typefaces available in letterpress I know which ones I can use digitally and manually. Times 14pt was the best option for this paragraph of text. I learnt how to add more leading, which is pretty explanatory, add more leading! Duuuur. I have been able to use a larger pt size for the header and hopefully can also do this accurately in InDesign to create the digital file. This paragraph took me 3 hours to typeset and place in the chase, and luckly, and suprisingly, there was only 1 spelling mistake, 1 letter upside down, and 1 letter not up to printing standard!






No comments:

Post a Comment